Thursday, April 1, 2010

SALAAM, I WISH YOU 'PEACE' AND 'HEALTH'

Hereby I start right now.
In Iran when we meet each other we say SALAAM. The English as a greeting say hello n we say salaam. Now I tell u: SALAAM
‘Salaam’ is a Quranic word which means ‘peace’. When I say salaam it reminds me also the word ‘salaamati’ which means ‘health’.
So when we say salaam it’s like that we say: wish u peace n health.

This can be a good introduction.

I’m going to write this blog in English because I think there r many things to say, discuss n share.
There r many things that I as an Iranian living in Iran have to tell others. there r many things that I as an human being like to say.
And of course there r a great amount of things I love to learn.
So building a room where people can share their ideas n discuss n learn new things is really nice, n I hope I can build such a place.

One more thing: I’m sure my English is not perfect. So there will be some inaccuracy. Please tell me if u see such not right structures, words or any other problems regarding to my English in any post I write. I’ll appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. Nice layout Kiterunner, dont forget to use images in your posts. Haven't you heard the expression-> "pictures can speak a 1000 words".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koterunner,

    Good job and a nice start.

    I think Drrood bar shoma is much better that Salam that is an Arabic word. The word Drood means greeting and praise.

    In the past 30 years of Mullah Regime in Iran there has been an infusion of Arabic words in Farsi language. We need to safeguard our heritage (miras), our language (zaban), and our culture (farhang)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiterunner,

    What a day to start a new blog! Do you know what day today is? Probably not. Well, today is the first day of April which is April Fool's day - the day people play practical jokes on their friends. Here is link that says more about April Fool's day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day

    Well, I hope you are not just kidding us because I for one am looking forward to hearing from Iranians who live in Iran through your blog. There is much to be said and I hope your blog lives long beyond April Fool's day.

    Keep up the good work.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete